Sunday, September 18, 2011

Work Week 1 Complete

Well, officially the weekend over here in Thailand has come and gone and that means my second work week starts tomorrow... in other words my first week can be checked off! I've worked on the the farm chopping down bamboo and feeding the leaves to the goats with the intentions of making an herb garden. I have sat in the office, pretty much doing nothing all day on the computer or random ass jobs that someone else doesnt want to do. Not much of anything so far. Kids will arrive this week sometime and I am hoping that I get to help out with something! I honestly have no idea what I will be doing this week or for the rest of my time here in fact because I havent really been told. Kind of disorganized you could say, but oh well.

I can say that my first impression of living over here was a bit off than what I expected. First off I didn't think humidity could ever be this bad! I am constantly sweating and feel so sticky all the time. I am so happy to have air conditioning in my flat!

I have had my first introduction to rugby this past weekend. The world cup is going on so my co-workers introduced me to it via game watching in the boarding lounge. I have to say it is a bit rough but fun to watch. I did in fact fall asleep during a game though, not because I was bored, but because I was extremely tired from the night out on the town the night/morning before. I got shown around Chiang Mai on the back of a motorbike. Pretty fun way of traveling over here. EVERYONE and their mom drives one of these bad boys!!

I am missing home real bad right about now but am trying so hard to fight the emotions. I will get by.

Much love to everyone back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment